Well, to be honest there`s absolutely nothing simple about this recipe. But sometimes chefs, bloggers, food lovers forget about the most simple and delicious treats. Also if you don`t have time or enough patience to make a pizza dough you can still use the puff pastry sheet, and the snack/breakfast/brunch will be ready in no time. Seriously, no time:) If you wanna go a bit more gourmet or experimental, add some anchovies if you like, or artichokes and capers. Or even buffalo mozzarella but watch out, there might be a bit much liquid in it, so don`t put too much. Anyway, you can`t go wrong!
1 sheet of ready made rolled up puff pastry
1 ball of mozzarella cheese
3 spoons of pesto
salt,white pepper, oregano, rosemary.
Preheat your oven to 180C. Spread the pesto on the puff pastry evenly, with a pastry brush. Top with other ingredients. Don`t overcrowd your pastry, it`s not going to rise/cook. Bake for about 20 minutes. Don`t open door while baking! Enjoy!
- Projects ” How-To’s ” Courgette, Pepper And Mozzarella Tart (cutoutandkeep.net)
- Puff pastry: Layers of love and labour (telegraph.co.uk)
- Pizza With No Sauce, but With Plenty of Flavor (dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Recipe- Mushroom and Pesto puffs (thewonderingchef.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Dried appricot and double cheese pastry triangles. (thewonderingchef.wordpress.com)