I love dipping:) any kind of bread or meat into any kind of dip/sauce. My ultimate favourites are the ones which are yoghurt based. especially tzatziki. And the roast vegetable ones come close second. Most of the time they are very easy to make, and are great apetizers and party food. They also look very nice most of the time, especially if onse make a pretty colourful selection.
On the other hand, I barely eat zucchini dip. Maybe it`s just me, but I don`t usually find any, eggplant or squash for example are lot more pupolar. Even thou zhucchini holds a lot of potential flavourwise. It has a nice fresh taste, and can be perfect for a nice summer bbq. That`s how I got the idea for citrus. I used fresh lemon and zest, and a spice blend, orange pepper. The spice is amazing, and i`m in love with it, so to say it can really “spice up” some dishes, with an easy move!
The recipe is easy like A-B-C!, and can be ready in about 20 minutes.
Ingredients (3-4 people)
juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 spoons of honey
1 spoon of orange pepper- if you do`nt have any orange pepper, add some white pepper, and some orange juice.
Slice shallots and zucchini in small cubes. Don`t make them too small, leave them a bit chunky.
Fry over oil, in a frying pan, untill soft. Add lemon juice, zest, honey, and seasoning. Mix well, fry a bit more.
Transfer into a bowl, and blend with food processor, until still warm.
Keep in fridge to cool.
- Roasted Zucchini With Thyme (allzucchinirecipes.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Hors d’oeuvres (lindawagner.net)
- Make This: Quinoa-Stuffed Zucchini (fitsugar.com)
- Perfect juicy roasted chicken, on a shoestring (cbsnews.com)
- Chocolate & Zucchini Cake (mrsduckandtheducklings.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini and Yellow Squash Gratin (dishinaboutnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Appetizer – Pub Style (allzucchinirecipes.wordpress.com)
- Zucchini Pesto- Really? (wholefoodsmarket.com)