Risotto. Why? Because it`s so much fun:) Endless possibilities in one simple meal, ready in no time, and everybody loves it. Even if they say no, they secretly like `em:)
Also chili and lime together is delicious, not to mention if you hide s bit of seafood, in it, you end up with one unique gourmet dinner. Trust me, you can only get compliments for this one. The recipe is simple and fast, and the result is culinary heaven
So long story short… here is the recipe:
Basic Risotto recipe
150g Arborio rise
100ml rose or white wine
3 cloves of garlic
1liter of veg stock approx.
And the delicious extras:
zest and juice of 1 lime
100ml sweet chili sauce
100g of cocktail prawns, of a couple of fresh scampi
1 fresh green shallot thinly sliced.
bit of fresh coriander and some green pepper.
Cook a basic risotto base. Melting the butter, adding the thinly sliced onions, garlic, arborio rise, and wine. Constantly adding a bit of stock, reducing the liquid, adding more stock, untill rise is ready. The outside in nice and soft, and a bit, BUT ONLY A BIT! crunchy in the inside.
Meanwhile melt some butter over a frying pan. Needs to but hot hot hot! Add your prawns or scampi. Fry both sides, add the sweet chilli sauce, stir.
Add zest and juice to risotto. Mix with prawns. Wait a bit stirring, untill flavours combine. Season with salt, coriander and green pepper.
Serve with green shallots and sweet chili on top!
You see? i told you it`s easy:)
- Recipe: Lemon, Beetroot risotto with walnuts and thyme. (thewonderingchef.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Apple Risotto (pt.2) with Gorgonzola cheese (thewonderingchef.wordpress.com)
- What is Risotto Method (wiki.answers.com)
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Risotto (bewitchingkitchen.com)
- Pumpkin Risotto with Pumpkin Butter (cookinpumpkin.wordpress.com)
- Thai Style Prawns Stir-Fry (fashandnm.wordpress.com)
- Arancini de Delizioso! (thehandthatrockstheladle.wordpress.com)
- imabonehead: Honeyed Prawns & Polenta Recipe at Epicurious.com (epicurious.com)