Who doesnt like cookies? As they can come in many sizes, packages, not to even mention the taste. Wel just like a cupcake or a muffin, the flavour can be changed just the way we want. There are plenty of good quality cookies available in stores, especially nice gourmet ones are getting popular too.
But making them is so damn easy. Although I think everyone should find a basic recipe, that works for them. After all sort of ingredients can be added, pretty much anything from chocolate chips, to caramel, to chili and coconut..you name it! There`s plenty of dough recipes on the internet, some are a bit complicated some are easy as ABC, the outcome will always be planty of delicious cookies.
So here is the basic cookie recipe I use, with the baking it will b ready in about 20-25 minutes, makes about 20 pieces.
250g butter, softened
140g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
300g plain white flour
2 thai chilies, seeds removed, chopped finely (you can use more or less chilies, depending on how strong are the ones you have)
100g candied orange zest, ready or home made.
Preheat the oven to 180C. Beat the butter in a bowl with a whisk, until soft and white. Beat in sugar.
Add egg yolk, beat in well, add vanilla extract.
Add chili and orange zest. Mix in well with a wooden spatula.
Fold in flour, don`t add to much at a time.
Lay down baking sheets on a trey.
Spoon in dough mixure, one should be a bit smaller then a golf ball. Make sure you leave some space between the cookies, as they will spread while baking.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Don`t worry when you take them out, the dough still going to be soft! Leave them to cool for a couple of minutes. Transfer later to a wire rack, to cool completely!
- 16. Cheese Danish (lastbutnotlist.wordpress.com)
- A Healthier Cookie?? (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Ghirardelli Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (momcooks.net)
- No-Bake Cookies (naeliz04.wordpress.com)
- French Sables (kokolikes.com)
- Peanut Butter and Honey Cookies w/ White Chocolate Chips (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- Must Try Cookies (taraeats.com)
- The Small Shouty One Bakes (sniffandsnort.wordpress.com)
- Restaurant Equipment and Supplies Tips for Baking Cookies at High Altitude (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- An Easter Dessert with an Italian Twist (foodservicewarehouse.com)