Hey there! I know it`s been a while, and I have no other excuse apart from working working and working. I know, we all do, but reading some fellow bloggers updates and recipes, made want to come back and write some more (again). I didn`t even check wordpress for a while .. I was trying to turn my head, and try to forget I became a bit lazy with the writing, as well as taking pictures. So to be honest i have no new recipes yet..there`s plenty on my mind, but it looks like I`m about to have a bit of a time and get back o clicking that camera again. :) And! I have tons and tons of comments I need to reply to, so if you were wondering why im ignoring you… I`m sorry, it`s really just me and not you!
I`m also a bit excited, just been asked to make some bites and finger food for an up coming hip gin and cocktail tasting night, and I`m sooooo happy! But! What does one cook for a gin night? Well I came up with 6 ideas, will post the pictures, recipes and the feedback as soon as I got them! Also! Halloween is, well almost here. Me needs Halloween recipes, ideas etc..so if you have a favorite and if you wanna share them with me..you are very welcome!
But, don`t think I`m going to leave you without a recipe! Even thou I do admit it`s going to be one of those “copy and paste” ones. At least it`s mine thou:) The reason for the copy and paste is as I mentioned, I don`t really have pictures of my new recipes, but I have a new picture of an old favorite.. The Raspberry and coconut cupcake. Turns out from the statistics it`s one of the most popular posts on my blog, and I have to admit I HATE the old photo. It`s from the time I started experimenting with backgrounds and came and all that jazz, and it`s just soooooooo bad! I`m not saying the picture is great now, but it does look better ( I hope). Also, the cupcake is great, and if you bake it, you will know I`m right! So enjoy, I hope you like the photos, I hope you will still come back for more recipes. Love you all! Me The Wonderingchef!
Raspberry and Coconut cupcakes
I found the perfect cupcake base on taste.com.au, but soon I realised it is exactly the same as the ones in my Australian Women`s weekly magazines. The recipe is PERFECT! If you follow the steps, you going to end up with an amazing moist cake. I use this for the basics, and flavour the dough after. With whatever I got really:) I can`t describe how much I love this recipe!
The basic cupcake recipe as on taste.com.au
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (370g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (405g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- I added 5 spoons of home made raspberry jam and beetroot powder for colouring.
- 200g butter, softened
- 6 cups (900g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- Instead of milk i used cocnut milk, and dry coconut sprinkles! The taste was just amazing!
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 1/3 cup (80ml) muffin pans with patty cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add the beetroot powder, stir until combined. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in the raspberry jam.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the patty cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar while beating. Add the coconut milk and beat until well combined. Stir in the dry coconut flakes.
- Divide frosting into small bowls and colour. Use a small palette knife or round-bladed knife to spread the icing.
- Bacon Cupcakes for Orange Lounge Radio (zombiesatemynomnoms.wordpress.com)
- Sweeten your day with two regional dessert cookbooks (knoxnews.com)
- The Cookie Monster (cateskitchenadventures.wordpress.com)
- A Reader Recipe: Raspberry-Pineapple Chia Popsicles (fitsugar.com)
- Wedding Diet Weakness (kellsbells1008.wordpress.com)
- Dreamy Chocolate Cupcakes (sweetlyvegan.com)
- Mid Week Treat – Cupcakes from The Hummingbird Bakery (thebunnymother.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes (blogginholiday.wordpress.com)
- Cauliflower and Coconut Curry (thetravellingchopsticks.wordpress.com)
- Forget the Witch Cupcakes; Petri Dishes Scare Me More. (nursetopia.net)
- Recipe for Low Sugar High Protein Lemon Raspberry Muffins (fitsugar.com)
- A Reader Recipe: Protein Berry Pancakes With Coconut Flour (fitsugar.com)
- Delicious This Week: Organic Raspberries (wholefoodsmarket.com)