Now I started experimenting with cupcake frosting, and finally found a good oven at my workplace which doesn`t have a strong ventilation, so my cakes turn out to be decent nowadays.
Experimenting with the frosting is nice..not as much in colour but in taste. Adding some flavoured alcoholic drink like amaretto or triple sec, can really make some wonders. For the cakes, I found the most amazing basic vanilla cake recipe on Australias taste.com.au. The recipe is perfect, and it`s higly recommended to be used. Just follow the steps one by one!
Basic vanilla cupcake recipe ingredients by taste.com.au
200g butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (370g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (405g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 200g butter, softened
- 6 cups (900g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
Extras for taste: Ready made caramel topping, 3 shots of amaretto, and 4 tbs of cocoa powder!
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 1/3 cup (80ml) muffin pans with patty cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the patty cases. In the middle add some caramel topping and cover with dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar while beating. Add the milk and beat until well combined. Add cocoa powder and amaretto
- Divide frosting into small bowls and colour. Use a small palette knife or round-bladed knife to spread the icing
- Healthy Baking: Lemony Valentine’s Day Cupcakes (blisstree.com)
- Recipe: Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting (courtneyoutloud.wordpress.com)
- “Red velvet cupcakes” and related posts (bakingproject.com)
- Spice up your Val with cookies, cakes and fruit salads (vanguardngr.com)
- What’s your Valentine’s Day ‘love dish’? (pbpulse.com)
- Projects ” How-To’s ” Marshmallow Cupcakes (cutoutandkeep.net)