I know my cakes are a bit “red Velvet” lookalike, but that`s oly a costume! Now `m back into a one/week cupcake baking, and experimenting, so far so good. Finally I found the perfect oven for it in the kitchen. The one without ventilation, so they actually stay flat, and not dry out. So the base now is just as tasteful as the frosting. I got a giant crush on cupcake frosting. Don`t you just love to lick the top off, like it was an ice cream?
I found the perfect cupcake base on taste.com.au, but soon I realised it is exactly the same as the ones in my Australian Women`s weekly magazines. The recipe is PERFECT! If you follow the steps, you going to end up with an amazing moist cake. I use this for the basics, and flavour the dough after. With whatever I got really:) I can`t describe how much I love this recipe!
The basic cupcake recipe as on taste.com.au
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups (370g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups (405g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- I added 5 spoons of home made raspberry jam and beetroot podwer for colouring.
- 200g butter, softened
- 6 cups (900g) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- Instead of milk i used cocnut milk, and dry coconut sprinkles! The taste was just amazing!
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 1/3 cup (80ml) muffin pans with patty cases.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until just combined. Add the beetroot powder, stir until combined. Add the flour and milk in alternate batches and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in the raspberry jam.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the patty cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar while beating. Add the coconut milk and beat until well combined. Stir in the dry coconut flakes.
- Divide frosting into small bowls and colour. Use a small palette knife or round-bladed knife to spread the icing.
- Recipe: Caramel and Amaretto Cupcakes recipe! (thewonderingchef.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Brownie Cupcakes (samcynsedibleadventures.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Cupcakes (confectional.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting (bigpartiessmallspaces.com)
- Projects ” How-To’s ” White Chocolate And Raspberry Cupcakes (cutoutandkeep.net)