It looks like every summer has a “trend” soup, especially among Budapest caterers/restaurants/bloggers. This summer it seems to me, the craze is, minted pea soup. This one I actually do like. It`s easy to make, it goes well with plenty of sides and garnishes. And actually is plenty tasty. And I like easy and simple, and of course the light green color is funky:) (note: Im really sleepy, just going to cut the chase, and continue writing the recipe…)
Don`t overcook the peas, as the color of the soup will become dark. You can use fresh or frozen peas, this is really up to you. The soup sometimes can use some Parmesan cheese, as a garnish, will become very tasty. You can use ready-made balsamic glaze, is just as good as home-made ones. Very easy just boil balsamic vinegar with some sugar.
Ingredients For 3-4 serves
3 onions thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 spoons of butter
1 glass of dry red wine
2-3 handful frozen or fresh peas
100 ml creme
0,5 liter of vegetable stock
handful of fresh garden mint
salt, white pepper
4 slices of sourdough bread
In a saucepan melt butter. Add onion, soften it, be sure doesn’t get brown.
Add garlic, and peas, mix well.Add wine and saute the vegetables.
Add half of the stock and bring it to boil.
When peas are soft remove from stove add mint and blend. Make sure you blend well, as sometimes there can be a couple of hard peas.
Add remaining stock, and creme, and bring back to boil. Stir well, and blend again if needed.
Serve with balsamic glaze, and tomato bread… goes well with cool dry rose or white wine!
- Recipes for Health: Chilled Summer Soups (nytimes.com)
- Spanish vegetable soup; no other compares (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Frugal Food 1 (mike10613.wordpress.com)
- Tony’s Table: Summer Soups (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Fresh Pea Soup (earthoceanskyredux.wordpress.com)
- Beans, beans… (ourownsweettime.com)
- The-too-good-to-do-anything-else dish… (allhailhoneybees.wordpress.com)
- Easy healthy dinners : Half-hour homemade soup (kerrycooks.wordpress.com)
- Leek and Coconut Lentil Soup (boatyardhouse.wordpress.com)
- Roast Chicken and Fresh Pea Soup (madefromscratchinbk.wordpress.com)
- Ingredients for Mint-Sweet Pea Soup (harvestingmaine.wordpress.com)
- Tomato, Corn, and Goat Cheese Soup (howtofood.net)
- Recipe – Canapés for Beginners: Tiny Sundried Tomato, Rosemary & Feta Squares (thedailyhome.wordpress.com)
- Thai green pea soup (theglobeandmail.com)
- Green Pea Mint Soup (notecook.com)
- Pizza inspired sandwich + a soup & salad dinner! (healthyhitsthespot.com)
- Closed Monday (earthoceanskyredux.wordpress.com)