184 9th Avenue
Between 21st and 22nd Streets
If you are visiting New York, and if you have this thing for cupcakes, Magnolia Bakery isn`t the only place worth visiting. In fact the city is the heaven for cupcake lovers, offering fresh delights almost on every street or corner. I found “Billy’s Bakery” in Chelsea, and the fresh cakes being frosted and decorated in the huge window just attracted me in. They were so cute, colourful, and pretty, we had o try one. Red Velvet cake is of course the favourite, the only other place beside the states was London`s “Hummingbird Bakery” where I could find them, they were delicious.
The shop in Chelsea, is tiny, but plenty to choose from. I loved the rustic interior design, Everything is so colourful, like you were in a fairy tale. Here you could also have a small look on the cake making process, to be honest I have this thing for open kitchens. Chefs, bakers etc shouldnt be hidden, this way you can bring the costumers a bit closer.
The cakes were delicious, the price usually is about 3 dollars per cake. If you are either in Chelsea or Tribeca I would recommend treating yourself with a cupcake!
- Magnolia Bakery’s Sweet Success (entrepreneur.com)
- A Birthday Celebration — Happy Birthday Rowaida! (homedesign.marthastewart.com)
- Dash of Rent Discounts Lures Magnolia Bakery to Harlem (observer.com)
- Magnolia Bakery Gets Sweet In Harlem (harlemworldblog.wordpress.com)
- Food Stuff: A New Chelsea Bakery Worth a Detour (nytimes.com)
- Watch A Clip From Pavement’s Ace Of Cakes Episode (stereogum.com)